Recipes for Ayurvedic Diet: Healthy Shakes
Ayurveda stimulates us to eat seasonally, healthfully and organically. It is nicely said that “you are what you eat”. Ayurvedic nutrition is all about what, when and how we take our diet. Our food should be fresh, light, easily digestible that nourishes our bodies, minds, and souls. Some recipes which are light and healthy can provide
Here I am going to share some tasty and healthy recipes. Try these recipes and be innovative with new ideas.
This turmeric smoothie can make you feel warm and good from inside. As turmeric is one of the best herbs according to Ayurveda which gives full nourishment to your whole body. Thus, taking it in your diet makes you healthy and provides you with great energy that acts as a powerful anti-inflammatory.
It requires only a few ingredients:
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 4 almonds
- honey for sweetness
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 bananas
- vanilla extract(optional)
- Soak the almonds in water for few hours and peel it off.
- Boil the milk with adding turmeric powder and make it cool at room temperature. You can add the turmeric powder later on if you don’t have any problem with the flavor and smell.
- Now take a blender and blend the almonds first and add some milk until you get the smooth paste of that.
- Then add honey, cinnamon powder, vanilla extract, banana and rest of the milk and blend it.
- Now pour it in a jar and enjoy your healthy smoothie.
During the summer, when the mangoes are in season, you can substitute mangoes for the bananas and make a mango turmeric smoothie. In fact, you can substitute bananas with any one of your favorite fruits. Regular consumption of this turmeric smoothie and many other healthy shakes may help purify your blood and keep your digestion in peak order. Identically, for more amazing recipes of healthy shakes, visit